Monday, March 28, 2011

Narrative Poem.



It was the summer time of 2006.
1st time I went to Guatemala and in a plane.
A month before I was scared.
I packed and shared emotions.

Before we left, we visited all the family to say goodbye.
We were all nervous and sad to say goodbye.
I watched the movie ‘Final Destination 1’ and I was scared of the plane.
It was a bad move to watch that.

The day had come.
We prayed before we left.
The plane was big and cold.
There was a big adventure soon to come for all of us.

We flew in the night.
There was mostly nothing at sight.
In the morning you could see the clouds, they reminded me of cotton candy.
Half an hour more and we were there.

From the bird’s point of view, we saw little houses, all bunched up.
We soon landed safely.
We went for our luggage.
Everybody spoke Spanish, no English.

My dad’s family was there, waiting for us, anxiously.
I was shy and quiet to meet all my other family from my dad’s side.
We got into a small car.
All the signs and banners were in Spanish.

Everything there was different.
It was different from how it simply smelled to the people’s way of living.
I was very tired and wanted to rest.
But we instead went to “Pollo Campero”.

We all ate the delicious chicken and got to meet up with each other.
We were all shy except for my dad and his family.
After that we had a great week in Guatemala City.
It’s a pretty beautiful place to go to and relax, and have a great time.


No comments:

Post a Comment